Options for Independence
Recognizing you or a loved one needs assistance managing life doesn’t have to mean a loss of independence. In fact, it can be empowering to have options to choose from that help support your needs and wellbeing.
JFS offers each client an individualized Care Management plan based on a comprehensive assessment. Our Care Management staff is made up of social workers (LCSW, MSW and BSW), Certified Geriatric Care Managers, nurses and professional nursing assistants, who work with you and discuss services you would like to receive to enhance your quality of life. Once a plan is set in motion, we review it regularly to ensure your needs and expectations are being met.
We are committed to providing services with the utmost care and respect for a person’s wishes. While we’re able to support an individual wanting to remain in the home for as long as possible, we’re also experienced in having the difficult conversations when home is no longer a safe option and can identify options to help with the transition.
In any environment, our dedicated Care Management staff works with you and your family to advocate for a person’s best quality of life.
Our Care Managers can help with:
• Assessing your situation and creating a personalized care plan
• Coordinating services at JFS and your other service providers, including physicians, counselors, attorneys, accountants, insurers and other professionals
• Acting as a liaison for families caregiving locally or from a distance
• Participating in medical appointments and acting as an advocate
• Assisting with transitions to a retirement community or assisted living facility
• Providing bill paying and budgeting (see below)
• Maintaining your home, including pet care, coordinating routine upkeep and repairs, yard care, pest control, weather related prep and response and home safety monitoring and modifications
• Taking the role of guardian, conservator, power of attorney or advance medical directive agent
Our Care Services
Contact: Lisa Colegrove
To discuss options or learn more about Care Management, contact Lisa Colegrove, Director of Care Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-282-5644.
Alternatively, you may fill out the contact form below.